Nothing really prepares you to become a parent. You never really know what behavioral challenges your child may wind up struggling with, and how those will affect your other children and the family as a whole.
This is where parenting coaching comes in.
Coaching is a bit different from traditional psychotherapy or counseling in that its focus is more goal-directed. Whereas traditional therapy may have you spend weeks exploring past events to recognize how they have contributed to current moods and behaviors, parenting coaching helps you choose a goal (reduce the number of conflicts around homework) and offers techniques to help get the outcomes you desire.
Who is Parenting Coaching For?
Parenting coaching is for any parent that wishes to resolve behavioral struggles with their children. Coaching is meant to help with more demanding behaviors that push the parent’s skillset, including:
- Conflicts that escalate into aggressive or destructive behavior
- Divorce and Blended Families
- Establishing rules & expectations that can be both held firm and mutually-respected.
- Guiding a child with Attention Deficit issues
Let’s Get You the Results You Want
A coach is that person in your corner that offers the best tools to reach the goals you’ve set and cheers you on as you do the work and take the necessary steps. I’m here to share what I have learned over the years so you can gain control over your own actions and your home.
- Are looking for ways to address behavioral issues in your child, such as aggression and defiance…
- Need help in taking care of yourself and managing your own stress…
- Want to learn strategies to ‘love from a distance’ and establish boundaries with a young adult at home
- Need guidance on creating a plan to address educational problems, such as an ineffective IEP or 504 plan…
Then please get in touch with me. I invite you to ask as many questions as you need to see if you think we will be a good fit for one another.